Today’s task ended up being to update my Resume. Well, it turns out it was time to create a new one – so I turned to JSON Resume CLI – which converts the machine readable info I maintain into something that doesn’t look like the word document I’ve been carrying around since I graduated in 1995.
Happily, node.js works well using alpine, so my
Dockerfile (see the GH repo for more) looks like:
RUN apk add --no-cache nodejs \
&& npm install -g resume-cli \
&& sed -i~ "s/localhost/0.0.0.0/g" /usr/lib/node_modules/resume-cli/index.js /usr/lib/node_modules/resume-cli/lib/serve.js
Pretty simple – but it means that I don’t have to install node.js on whatever computers I’m using – today I was using 3 different computers..
The most important thing to note is the
ENTRYPOINT ["resume"] – it means that you can alias a “docker run” command that will work as though the program was installed on your host:
$ alias resume='docker run --rm -it -v $(pwd):/data/ -p 4000:4000 svendowideit/jsonresume'
$ resume --help
Checking NPM for latest version...
Your resume-cli software is up-to-date.
Usage: resume [command] [options]
init Initialize a resume.json file
register Register an account at https://registry.jsonresume.org
login Stores a user session.
settings Change theme, change password, delete account.
test Schema validation test your resume.json
export [fileName] Export locally to .html or .pdf. Supply a --format flag and argument to specify export format.
publish Publish your resume to https://registry.jsonresume.org
serve Serve resume at http://0.0.0.0:4000/
-h, --help output usage information
-V, --version output the version number
-t, --theme Specify theme for export or publish (modern, traditional, crisp)
-F, --force Used by
publish - bypasses schema testing.
-f, --format Used by
-r, --resume Used by
serve (default: resume.json)
-p, --port Used by
serve (default: 4000)
-s, --silent Used by
serve to tell it if open browser auto or not.
-d, --dir Used by
serve to indicate a public directory path.
I guess I can pop back up my todo stack to the Android Studio container I started yesterday 🙂